* Did Rizal feel any
regret over his coming death? Read the lines that will prove your answer.
* What was Rizal's beautiful dream? Has his dream been realized? Explain.
* What lines -
1. are picturesque?
2. are most significant in meaning?
3. are soul stirring and touching?
4. are most often quoted?
* Quote lines to illustrate what parts of the poem are...
5. solemn and quiet?
6. lofty and pleasant?
7. restrained and tender
8. restrained and tender
9. bitter and lofty?
10. Vainglorious and confidant?
* To whom did he refer in the second to the last line?
* How did this poem influence the Filipino way of life?
* Do you think the poem was written a few nights prior to his execution?
Why? Why not?
These Questions come from the book, A
Portable Rizal Reader: Selected Essays & Poems by Maximo P. Fabella
To order a copy
The Heating Lamp (food warmer)
where Rizal hid his last poem and masterpiece.